Become a Mentor
Passion for our Vision
Empowerment Squared offers you an opportunity to make a long-lasting, positive difference in the lives of marginalized youth and families. As a mentor with Empowerment Squared you are making a strong, collective statement about how much and how many people believe in the development of vibrant communities and empowerment of youth.
Mentors play an essential role at Empowerment Squared and much of our success is directly attributed to a diverse network of mentors who work tirelessly throughout our organization.
As Empowerment Squared grows, so does our need for mentors. We continue to recruit people from all sectors to support the organization on an ongoing basis. We offer excellent opportunities, training, and support. Join our dedicated team of Empowerment Squared mentors and you will see how your time and contribution will make a difference in the lives of so many youth.
Who are Empowerment Squared volunteers?
We look for people who demonstrate passion for our vision and their role as a mentor, dedication, and commitment to our youth. Above all, our mentors must:
- Be serious about their commitment
- Be patient, respectful, and act within the boundaries defined by their position
- Be committed to learning, diversity and youth development
- Be willing to step out of their comfort zones in a supportive environment
- Possess a desire to make a difference in someone’s life
- Enjoy working with youth and newcomer communities in a supportive team environment
Opportunities for Volunteering (Online using Zoom platform)
- Homework Circle (Educational Programming): September 15, 2020 – June 17, 2021
- E-Movement (Sports and Recreation): September 15, 2020 – March 10, 2021
- At Home Safety (Educational Programming): February 24, 2021 – March 17, 2021
- E-Movement (Sports and Recreation): January 18, 2021 – March 29, 2021
Events, Campaigns and Administration
- Day of event help (online tech support)
Volunteer Requirements and Process
The requirements and process to become a volunteer may vary from time to time:
- Attend a volunteer information session
- Have enough time to commit to at least one session a week (one to two hours) on a regular basis for a minimum of 10-15 weeks
- Complete the volunteer intake package and provide references
- Complete an interview as applicable
- Pass a vulnerable sector criminal background check
- Attend the mandatory training sessions required for the position applied
- Must have access to internet as all programs will be offered online through the Zoom platform